Doing Spelling Homework: How To Overcome Potential
When you’re trying to learn to spell better
Not everyone is the best speller. In fact, a lot of people miss-spell words as they're writing up documents or homework. This is one reason it is so great that you can run your work through a spell-check program to make sure your spelling is top-notch. But there are some other ways to make sure you avoid spelling errors while writing papers up.
* Type the word you are trying to spell and let a search engine guess what you are attempting to spell. Usually, you'll get a couple of suggested words. You simply have to decide which one looks like the best fit for the word you need. Hopefully, you learn a bit about how to spell the word as you are looking it up.
* Look up a spell-check program. There are many out there. And again, as you look it up often enough, it will start to absorb into your memory. You will find that you don't need to search for the correct spelling anymore.
* Study the words. Find something in your environment that relates to the word you are trying to remember how to spell. For example, if you're trying to spell the word environment. You could think about how many times you've seen signs that tell you to recycle to help the environment. This may help you to visualize the sign and visualize the word.
* Go over the spelling words in your homework. Study them. Read over them repetitively. They frequently do practice spelling quizzes in class for a reason. If you miss some words, try not to stress too much. You know what words you need to work on.
* Don't deprive yourself of sleep when you have the spelling test. Sleep helps your brain to function well enough to do well on your work.
Your homework is a spelling test you are studying for, but you don't want to wipe completely yourself out stressing over it. Think of quick rhymes that could also help you remember how to spell certain words. That is another helpful trick teachers tend to help students remember to spell certain words with.
Study to the best of your ability with some of these suggestions. Try not to freak if you still miss one or two. All you can do it your best